Growing up as a child, I consider myself very reactive to situations, events, people, and lot other things. I would try to get thing done from deep within myself but then, i noticed there wasn’t enough will power to deliver must of the times.
Every individual living on earth continuously has a craving in their heart to expressing their inner will to achieve results. That’s why the wealthy keep pushing forward to get more wealthy. But then very few persons have been able to let this inner craving and desires express fully.
There is always a contentment a person feels deep inside his heart when his inner will is expressed. Even little children would continuously cry if they are not understood by their parents. Employees are seen to be more productive when they are allowed to express their will power. But the question still remains, why are some persons not expressing their will power?
Before I state some reasons I would like to establish that we are products of our minds and reasoning. There is an inner will and outer will in everyone, if both are in synergy we would be certainly producing more result. A person must be able to understand the difference between your inner and outer will, because staying true to your inner will, the act of the outer will becomes easier to person. We see people unhappy about their jobs, relationships and other things. They have an inner craving to get something done positively to change that but the outer will isn’t taking action. The inner will has to sync with the outer will to achieve result.
Three Reasons People Don’t Harness Their Will-Power
- Mediocrity: A lot of people are very comfortable in the village of average. They are just fine being nobody. Theodore Roosevelt wrote “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” Mediocrity is the highest level of poverty.”
- Fear of failure: 90% of people never get things done not because they can’t but because of fear of failure. Michael Jordan said “I have missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shots… and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that’s precisely why… I succeed.”
- Craving for acceptance: A lot of people live their life trying to fit into other people’s circle or life. I had this as a major challenge in my school days. People end up trying to be who they are not.
How To Harness Your Will Power
- Listen to your heart.
- Spend Time each day thinking about whether your life is in sync with whatever your inner will wants to achieve. If it is not, start planning a way to make the two road to merge.
- Develop your mind continuously.
- Take relevant actions that align with your inner will.
- Identify your purpose for existence. Mark Zuckerberg said “I sit back everyday asking myself, am I doing the most important thing am to do in this world?”
Kindly Check back next week for my article on Purpose, Fear and Vision.
If this article made a meaning to you kindly share…